As Chinese forwarder who is currently facing unprecedented problems with shipping space, container rejection, shortage of containers, higher and higher ocean freight.
We are glad to share some information for you to understand and prepare for your following bookings from China.
- The current development of world economy and trade and operation of supply chain have been affected and challenged by unprecedented factors, and shipping companies have been looking for solutions.
- For ships and containers entering from ports outside China, It may take longer to complete the quarantine inspection of berthing at ports.
- The congestion of ports outside China makes the punctuality rate of all routes unstable. (Non on-schedule berthing/departure cannot be controlled by the forwarders)
- As many countries are experiencing the second outbreak of the epidemic, it is estimated that the shortage of empty containers will continue several months.
- Export booking at Chinese ports has to face cancellation of booking and delay of shipment due to shortage of containers.
In above, we can see that the peak season has arrived, shortage of empty containers, the higher ocean freight and full shipping space are to be continued.
Chinese Lunar new year is coming, we are going to have vacation from Feb 11.
Some tips for our partners:
- For cargo from China to Eastern Asia, middle east, and India/Pakistan, normally ocean freight update weekly, recently, the rate is going up with rocket speed. Normally need to place booking ahead 20 days of ETD to secure the space then waiting for the rate update. Otherwise, after customer confirmed everything, everything sold out. Beside of online booking, no cancellation fee.
- For cargo from China to Europe/ Med, If under collect contract, pls check with local carrier whether your contract with guarantee space. Normally space controlled by local carrier, especially at this moment, during peak season, if contract rate is under the budget, space will not be released. Better to check in advance to save time for prepaid contract or FAK solution.
- Due to shortage of containers, some of carriers / ports need to pay extra surcharges.
- Rolling, delay is becoming very normal.
- Rate with no validity, final price depends on departure date. After quote to customer, once booking confirmed, need to wait for the space, but sometimes, rate got raised after few days waiting.
- Congestion at transit airport. TT is becoming longer than expected.
Above information hope it will be helpful for our partners.
Lets prepare for the next challenge, China Lunar New Year.
Thks & B.rgds